2 Scientists (m/f/d)
About the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut
We are a senior federal authority responsible for vaccines and biomedicines that performs scientific research in the field of life sciences. Our institute networks with national and international players which makes it a competent partner for the general public, science, medicine, politics, and economics.
Under the framework of the Global Health Protection Programme of the German Federal Ministry of Health, the VaccTrain project at the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut aims to strengthen the national regulatory system of partner countries, thereby enhancing their capacity to deal with health crises situations. The focus of the project is on the support of national regulatory agencies in sub-Saharan Africa with specific focus in clinical trials oversight and pharmacovigilance of vaccines and biomedicines. Further international partners include the World Health Organization (WHO) and the technical committees of the New Partnership for Africa's Development (AUDA-NEPAD).
A job opening is available in Unit G3 "International Coordination, Regulatory Service" of Division G "Major Policy Issues, Coordination" at the next possible starting date for
2 Scientists (m/f/d)
- To cooperate with our international partners
- To assist African partner agencies to build the necessary regulatory structures and scientific expertise to evaluate clinical trial applications for vaccines and biomedicines and/or conduct pharmacovigilance
- To provide technical support to African partner agencies in benchmarking activities and the preparation of institutional development plans
- To provide technical support to African partner agencies to develop guidelines, templates and other regulatory tools necessary to strengthen their operational capacity
- To develop and establish comprehensive and structured training programmes for staff members of African regulatory authorities under the "train-the-trainer" concept
- University degree in life sciences, biology, or pharmacy (PhD preferable)
- Professional experience in the manufacture, post-marketing surveillance and/or regulation of vaccines
- Knowledge of the regulation of medicinal products inin the EU and/or Africa
- Knowledge of international standards for vaccines (WHO guidelines)
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive, problem-solving oriented, and resilient
- Willingness to travel to developing countries, especially to sub-Saharan Africa Intercultural competences
- Intercultural competences
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French, proficiency in German is highly advantageous
A multifaceted and challenging position centrally located in the Rhine-Main area (Frankfurt) with good public transport connections. Being an employer in the German public service, we offer the usual social benefits.
The position is limited till 31.12.2025.
The payband is E 14 TVöD Bund.
The assignment to a payband is made based on the consideration of your individual professional experience. Disabled candidates will be given preference if their skills and qualifications are equivalent to those of non-disabled candidates. The Paul-Ehrlich-Institut encourages gender equality and work-life-balance. For this purpose, we have various employment models to offer including flexible working hours (part-time, homeoffice, no core time), child care facilities and various opportunities for further professional training.